How Walking Can Change Your Life
Wednesday Feb 03rd, 2021Share
Walking can do more for your life than just improve your health. Here are a few additional advantages of putting one foot in front of the other for 20 minutes every day:
· Ideas. They will slowly swirl up from your subconscious, boosting your creativity for problem solving and organizing. Walking puts you into a meditative state that encourages deep thoughts in a way that other forms of exercise don't.
· Feelings. You might be experiencing great happiness or sadness, or even anxiety. Walking helps you work through feelings and reduce cortisol levels, helping you feel greater calm and control.
· Sights. When you walk, you see things that can spark new ideas, solutions, or perspectives. It’s helpful to walk in a beautiful place and notice the beauty, because seeing beauty lifts the spirit and lowers stress hormones.
· People. You might encounter other humans as you walk. Those people might think differently than your usual crowd, giving you new perspectives and even friendships.
· Hormone Health. You know that walking helps you lose weight, improve your heart rate, and lower stress hormones. But did you know that it will also increase healthy hormones, such as testosterone and progesterone?